Reiki for your pets & other animals
Pets love Reiki!
Living with pets not only makes us feel better, but also is literally good for our health. Scientific studies prove that our furry friends lower our blood pressure & cholesterol, can enhance our mood, fight depression and strengthen our immune system.
For all the healing benefits pets provide for us,
Reiki is a wonderful way to return their love.
All pets from dogs, cats, rabbits, horses etc. can benefit from the healing aspects of Reiki. For healthy dogs, cats or other animal friends, Reiki can maintain overall health and wellbeing. For a sick or injured pet, Reiki is a powerful complement to traditional treatments and healing methods. Learn more about Reiki here...
When your pet is in distress, they can't express their illness in words, rather they demonstrate through changes in behavior and physical symptoms. It's important to be aware when your pet isn't being their regular self.
What is a session like?
Reiki is completely non-invasive and gentle enough for all animals. Most animals are very receptive to reiki and respond quickly to treatments. During a session, the practitioner will place her hands on or near your pet's body. Different hand positions are used depending on the treatment allowing the healing energy to flow wherever it is required. As the energy flows your pet will generally become very relaxed, even falling asleep. The length of time needed for a session depends on the need of the animal. Sometimes animals will let you know when they've had enough and end the session early. In these cases, the remaining time alloted will be given to the owner or another pet to receive Reiki if so desired.
Home visits are available for pets that don't travel. Please call for arrangements.
What Does Reiki Help?
Reiki is well known for its restorative effects on the physical body, but it is also known to gently heal emotional and mental imbalances.
Examples of what Reiki is beneficial for:
• Maintaining general wellness
• Assists healing of pain and swelling from injuries, surgery or arthritis
• Eases chronic conditions
• Recovery from high intensity activities
• Cleanses the body of toxins
• Overall feeling of well-being and improved health
• Eases the transition from this life to the afterlife
• Calms colic
• Helps ease separation anxiety
• Improves sleeping patterns
SIGNS YOUR PETS MAY BE SICK: *
1) Lack or Appetite or Decreased Activity – This can be caused by fever, pain or stress. If your pet stops eating longer than 24 hours, there may be something more serious happening.
2) Urinating More or Less Frequently – If your cat is making more trips to the litter box or you're filling Fido's water bowl more often, it may be a sign that they need care.
3) Vomiting or Diarrhea – An occasional bout of purging is not unusual after eating and playing, eating leaves or grass outside. When vomiting happens several times a day and is accompanied with lethargy or other unusual behavior, you pet needs attention.
4) Coughing – Chronic coughing may be related to heart troubles or kennel cough.
5) Hair Loss or Itchy Skin – Hair loss and itchy skin can be cause by infections, mites, ticks or fleas.
Remember to pay special attention to your cat, as they are more independent and less likely to let anyone know they aren't well.
* If your pet is displaying any of the above signs, please bring them in for a full check up with your family veterinarian. Reiki, is a complementary healing modality to assist & accelerate the body's process of self healing.